Contributors

Monday, April 29, 2013

29 April 2013 - Daily Thoughts

First things first - the GBPUSD short did not pan out as GDP beat expectations. Fortunately I had shorted at a good level with a tight stop (my standard on most binary events), and in only half size, the trade hasn't cost me much.

USDJPY has bounced right off the 100 barrier and down a couple of figures to trade as low as 97.34 today. At these levels I'm intrigued by selling puts around the 95 strike - for example, the 19th June 95 put is sellable for 66 pips, putting a breakeven at 94.34. I can't see USDJPY erasing all the gains made since the Kuroda-bomb.

In other events global equities are performing strongly today - probably over the news of formation of a coalition government in Italy. We have a stacked week of data ahead of us: Fed, ECB, and NFP 3 days in a row. It's gonna be a bumpy ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment